Siena is one of the most popular and visited places in Tuscany, a place extremely rich in history, art and with strong local traditions tied to its 17 districts (called “contrade”). It also holds the famous Palio di Siena, the biggest annual event that takes place twice each summer in the city. Built on three hills and surrounded by well-preserved walls, is filled with fine examples of Gothic architecture and has one of the world’s most unique piazzas – Piazza del Campo. The city’s ancient university continues to deliver important research while imbuing the town with a youthful spirit.
Early departure from Florence. Walking tour of Siena city center and visit to selected sites (Piazza del Campo, Duomo, Synagogue, Baptistery and Libreria Piccolomini). Return to Florence in the early evening.
The activity includes:
- Round-trip transportation
- Entry fee and guided visit of selected sites
- Field learning staff on-site
The activity does not include:
- Meals not listed above
- Entrance fees or costs associated to sites/activities visited on own
- Assess the achievements of Renaissance architecture outside of Florence
- Become familiar with the history of Siena
- Discover the history of ‘small’ cities in Italy; their culture and traditions
For availability and payment deadline, please contact EFL office at email@example.com